Due to the current situation, to ensure patient safety, the way we normally offer appointments has changed.
Open access surgery is now a thing of the past. All consultations with a GP are now conducted as a telephone triage in the first instance and the GP will then decide if it is something we can deal with over the phone or if it is necessary to either see you in surgery or arrange a video call.
- For all routine non emergency queries the phone lines open 8.30am each morning of the week Monday to Friday, please be aware there are a limited number of calls each day depending on how many GP’s we have in practice so you may be asked to call back another morning.
- Once all routine calls are taken the Dr’s will only deal with emergency phone requests for the rest of the day.
- Nursing appointments and phlebotomy will also operate on a triage service, but patients should not attend if feeling unwell or have any cough/flu like symptoms.
- Please help us to keep our community safe. We are trying to minimise unnecessary trips to the surgery to protect both patients and staff. Please attend your appointment alone where possible and face coverings should be worn at all times.
- We will only accept requests for prescriptions using the online repeat medication ordering service leaving plenty of time for routine prescriptions.
- Housebound patients may still request home visits for urgent care and these will also be triaged by the Dr, we ask where possible these are requested as early as possible.
- The situation is constantly updating and further changes may need to be made in light of developments. We will endeavor to keep you updated on these. Please be patient and kind to our reception staff during this time. They are doing their best under enormous pressure.
Thank you for your understanding during these unprecedented times
Types of Appointments
House calls are for the seriously ill or housebound patients.
We operate a duty doctor system who will do most of the daily house calls; be prepared to leave a contact number as they may call you back before coming out to visit.
Please ensure all house call requests are in as early as possible preferably by 9.00am.
Please note: It is easier for us to provide a higher standard of care if patients attend the practice. House calls are time consuming and can impact on the amount of time we have available for all of our patients. We encourage you to attend the practice if at all possible.
It is important that you inform the reception staff if you you are unable to attend your appointment, this will allow that appointment to be offered to another patient. If you fail to notify the Practice that you are unable to attend, you will be sent a letter informing you that you have defaulted from your appointment. Persistent defaulters maybe removed from the list.
If you are Late
Please attend your appointment on time , if you are late you may not be seen.
Please note appointment times may vary during illness and holidays.
If you require an interpreter to attend with you when you see your Doctor please notify the receptionist and she will arrange this for you.
Private Medical Examinations
Medical examinations for special purposes such as pre-employment, fitness to travel, elderly drivers, fitness to undertake sports etc, will require longer than a routine appointment and the wait time for these appointments is around 4 weeks.
These examinations do not form part of NHS Services, you will be charged for any such examination. Please check the fee chargeable when you require to arrange any such examination.
Request for GP Letters/Completion of Forms
If your Doctor has agreed to write a letter for you in connection with your employment, acting as a referee, or for some other specific area, you may be charged for this letter. Please allow at least five working days before collecting your letter, if you require this letter urgently please inform your Doctor during your consultation. If you wish your Doctor to complete a form/report for you, there will also be a charge for this, please allow 48 hours before uplifting your form.
The reception staff will advise you of any applicable charges.