Due to the recent coronavirus outbreak, to ensure patient safety, the way we normally offer appointments will change temporarily.
Open surgery will close from Monday 16th March until further notice. If you feel you require to see a GP urgently, please phone on the day and a GP will call you back to discuss how best to manage your situation.
- Open surgery will be CLOSED from Monday 16th March until further notice.
- Please phone the surgery in the morning if you feel you require an urgent appointment. To ensure patient safety, you will be contacted by a GP via telephone who will discuss how best to manage your situation. Please do not come to the surgery if you have symptoms of coronavirus or may have been exposed. More information can be found HERE
- Routine GP appointments are already fully booked for the next 2 weeks. We will not be opening further slots for prebooking after this time until we can assess the ongoing situation with the COVID-19 outbreak. Instead we will offer a ‘Doctor First’ arrangement where you should contact us by phone if you feel you need to be seen. You may be directed towards a more appropriate health care provider will contact you back to discuss how best to proceed. This may involve advice over the phone, or you may be invited up to the surgery to a timed slot to see a doctor. This arrangement will of course put pressure on the phone lines, so please be patient.
- Nursing appointments and phlebotomy will also operate on a triage service, but patients should not attend if feeling unwell or have any cough/flu like symptoms.
- Please help us to keep our community safe. We are trying to minimise unnecessary trips to the surgery to protect both patients and staff. We will only accept requests for prescriptions using the online repeat medication ordering service leaving plenty of time for routine prescriptions. But please do not attend the surgery to collect your prescription. Please advise on the order form which pharmacy you would like us to send the script to.
- Housebound patients may still request home visits for urgent care and these will also be triaged by the Dr.
- This is an unprecedented and fast moving situation and further changes may need to be made in light of developments. We will endeavour to keep you updated on these. Please be patient and kind to our reception staff during this time. They are doing their best under enormous pressure.
Thank you for your understanding during these unprecedented times