Due to the current coronavirus situation, to ensure patient safety, the way we normally offer appointments has changed.
Open access surgery is now a thing of the past. All consultations with a GP are now conducted as a telephone triage in the first instance and the GP will then decide if it is something we can deal with over the phone or if it is necessary to either see you in surgery or arrange a video call.
- Please do not come to the surgery if you have symptoms of coronavirus or may have been exposed. More information can be found HERE
- For all routine non emergency queries please call the surgery between after 8.30am any morning of the week, there are a limited number of calls each day so you may be asked to call back another morning.
- Once all routine calls are taken the Dr’s will only deal with emergency phone requests for the rest of the day.
- Nursing appointments and phlebotomy will also operate on a triage service, but patients should not attend if feeling unwell or have any cough/flu like symptoms.
- Please help us to keep our community safe. We are trying to minimise unnecessary trips to the surgery to protect both patients and staff. Please attend your appointment alone where possible and face coverings should be worn at all times.
- We will only accept requests for prescriptions using the online repeat medication ordering service leaving plenty of time for routine prescriptions.
- Housebound patients may still request home visits for urgent care and these will also be triaged by the Dr, we ask where possible these are requested as early as possible.
- The situation is constantly updating and further changes may need to be made in light of developments. We will endeavor to keep you updated on these. Please be patient and kind to our reception staff during this time. They are doing their best under enormous pressure.
Thank you for your understanding during these unprecedented times